CRACK OPEN CLUES TO THE SECRET LIVES OF EGG-LAYING ANIMALS
Wildflowers are in bloom. Busy birds are building nests. Here in unspoiled nature at San Elijo Lagoon, families can crack open clues to the secret lives of egg-laying animals including birds, fishes, crabs, snakes, butterflies, and ladybugs.
This annual Family Discovery Days connects visitors to the beauty and wonder of nature in spring.
Free! SPRING EGG-UCATION
March 21-22: 1-4 pm
San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center Directions
- Seek and find in the egg-themed trivia hunt
- Enjoy face painting with nature scenes and make arts/crafts to take home
- Hold and touch live animals, and take photos, presented by EcoVivarium
- See marine critters from lagoon waters
- Learn how ladybugs are good for a garden and bring some home
- Take home native milkweed plants for your yard that declining populations of monarch butterflies need
To reach staff or volunteers at the Nature Center, please call: (760) 634-3026. Family Discovery Days occurs rain or shine.
Family Discovery Days is co-presented by:
Family Discovery Days Sponsors:
City of Encinitas / Mizel Family Foundation Community Grant