San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy relies on the enthusiasm of interns to protect and enhance the Reserve.
Interns are trained and supervised by Conservancy professionals. Successful interns gain valuable technical skills for their future careers. Conservancy interns commit to a weekly schedule for a minimum of three months. Most intern activities combine field and office work. School credit is available if offered by your learning institution. Internship schedules can be adjusted to accomodate school and work. Internships are based out of our Cardiff-by-the-Sea office.
Internship themes include water quality, environmental education, land stewardship, avian monitoring, and others.
Land Management Summer Volunteer Intern
- Alan B. Thum Watershed Protection Fund Internship Program
- Duties include photomonitoring, resource mapping, and vegetation surveys
- Applicants must be familiar with native and exotic plants, be prepared to work in outdoor conditions, and have some GIS experience
- Application period closes April 12
- For further details, see attached flyer
- Interested applicants should submit an application, resume, cover letter, and a letter of recommendation to Joel Kramer.
Environmental Education Volunteer Intern
- Internship position occupied for Spring 2013.
- Assist Naturalists with experiential learning programs in the Reserve and work with Education Director to develop hands-on environmental curricula
- Minimum 10 hrs/week from 9 AM to 12 PM, preferably W, Th, F. Minimum three-month commitment.
- Interested applicants should submit an application, resume, and coverletter to Tara Fuad.
Water Quality Volunteer Intern
- Internship position occupied for Spring 2013. Check back in May 2013.
- Water quality sampling in the San Elijo Lagoon and office-based database management
- Applicants must have already completed their freshmen year of college and be familiar with environmental issues
- Minimum one day per week, five-month commitment
- Monthly stipend available
- Interested applicants should submit an application, resume, and coverletter to Joel Kramer.
BACK TO VOLUNTEER PAGE